Lisa and Oli's blog

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Summer begins!!!


May 16th 2006

Well, I'm quite new to blog pages, so we shall just see how things go. I hope to post info and photo's of the places we visit here in Toulouse, France as well as other information about living here. Not only all the good stuff but the down sides too!!!
Right now we are making the most of the glorious summer sunshine. It gets too hot to sit out on the balcony during the afternoon, though a few nice thunder storms keep freshening thing up.
Still, I don't spend all my time sitting in the sun. Working as an English teacher takes up quite a bit of my time, not just the lessons but all the planning I have to do before hand! Having never taught before it's been a steep learning curve and I think, the hardest thing I have done since moving here! Still tomorrow I have a lesson with a client over lunch......so it's not all bad!
Oli is spending his time writing and working on his latest short film project and hopes to start filming soon. It's been fun watching all the preparation he has been doing, especially the ever rising mound of props in the spare room!
This week we MUST get our paper work sorted out for the wedding in August......not an easy task as the French are rather particular over paperwork! What we are looking forward to is visiting the restaurant to choose the dinner menu......think Foie Gras, fish, meats, cheese and of course good French wine!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This woman looks sloshed!! Hope she didn't get sunburnt!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Lisa and Oli said...

hahahahaha! Yeah, well I was having a tasting session after a trip across the border into Germany and a beer buying trip!! Very nice too! One of the benefits of being here is being able to nip across the border into a different country. As for the sunburn.....not with factor 25!

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home